The Brooklyn Institute for Social Research is hiring an administrative assistant! The position is part-time and at the outset will require a time commitment of ~10 hours per week (hours may increase based on ability and institutional growth). We’re looking to fill the position as soon as possible. The deadline to apply is February 23rd. Duties may include:
- Assisting with writing and AV projects, including website and promotional content
- Liaising with commercial and institutional partners
- Performing database upkeep and social media tasks
- Designing and distributing promotional material
- Providing logistical support for BISR courses and events
Candidates should possess excellent communication skills (written and oral), a strong eye for design, and familiarity with critical issues in the humanities and social sciences; be well organized; have a flexible schedule; and be committed to BISR’s mission of fostering critical education and inquiry in the public sphere. Knowledge of MS Office suite is required, and familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Adobe InDesign and Illustrator is preferred. Interested candidates should email (no later than February 23rd) a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Administrative Assistant.