The Brooklyn Institute for Social Research is looking for a part-time Office Manager (approx. 15-20 hours/week) to perform a variety of bookkeeping and administrative functions that support the Institute’s overall operations. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as point person for all payment related information and inquiries from vendors, customers, and faculty;
- Maintain payment schedules for faculty and all vendors and issue all payments;
- Collect receipts and manage all reimbursements;
- Code sales transactions from our e-commerce platform into Quickbooks and help keep accounts reconciled;
- Manage and report payroll;
- Work alongside Directors on programming and institutional budgets;
- Coordinate annual tax filings;
- Manage basic HR responsibilities; and
- Assist with assorted administrative tasks.
Knowledge of Quickbooks (at least two years experience), G Suite, and MS Office Suite required; familiarity with WordPress preferred. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, attentive to detail, and supportive of BISR’s institutional mission. While some tasks can be performed from home, the successful candidate must be able to travel to BISR’s Manhattan office at least once weekly. The rate of pay is $20/hour; the start date is on or around May 1st. To apply, email a cover letter and resume with the subject line Office Manager to Suzanne Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Monday, April 30th.